sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Sites down?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Ricardo Izquierdo" <odracir_redwolf AT linuxmail.org>
  • To: "SourceMage GNU/Linux Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Sites down?
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:50:52 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 17:48:51 -0800
To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>

> Quoting Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>:
> > The codex.sourcemage.org site is down both to me at home at work at the
> > moment. It was down some yesterday as well but finally came back up.
> > The DNS resolves but it says file not found for the scribe update, also
> > all the secondary sites also say file not found.
> >
> > CuZnDragon
> > Robin Cook
>
> Yeah, the sites have been hit-and-miss for me as well since I got back from
> Thanksgiving (maybe my cold is infecting their servers...).
>
> -sandalle

I don't want to be paranoic, but I'd read recently some news about different
attacks to different projects of Open Source Software. Here are the links:
http://www.gentoo.org/security/en/glsa/glsa-200312-01.xml Gentoo.
http://savannah.gnu.org/statement.html Savannah
Also the Debian Project, but I can't find the page.

Probably this is what is happening to SMGL, but I hope it isn't.

Also I'll gladly donate something to SMGL ASA my finances get better, and
also buy something to support SMGL.