sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Firewall?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Adam J Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Firewall?
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 13:16:23 -0800

Hi all,

On my firewall/NAT box, I've intentionally let my SMGL get a little
out-of-date simply because I haven't wanted to deal with having my
custom networking.sh file wiped out.

However, since the box really needs a bunch of updates done, I figured
I'd ask here how to handle the part of the init transition I've been
dreading - how *best* to implement a script that works in tandem with
the new network.sh script that handles the firewall/NAT stuff.

I see that there's an sm-firewall spell, but it appears even that has
the old init stuff scripted in to it... (ie, it's outdated)

So, I'm sure others around here are dealing with SMGL & firewalls... any
suggestions on a decent way to work this in, or do we all just have to
write out own custom firewall spells and init scripts?

-Adam