sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] hpijs problem?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: John T Copeland <johnc AT neto.com>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] hpijs problem?
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:53:23 -0600

The URL was the culprit. I selected the parallel port which showed the
printer attached. After much investigation I finally noticed the log files
showed me attempting to attach to /dev/UnknownParallel device. Huh?? I went
back, deleted the printer in cups and added it again. Sure enough it
showed /dev/UnknownParallel as the device. I typed over the UnknownParalel
with /dev/lp0 but cups said that device was accessable. I said UhOh. I went
to kernel rebuild and sure enough the in the Character Devices section I had
not enabled Parallel Printer support. That fixed it.