sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] qt-x11 conflicting with itself

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin Sheat <robin AT kallisti.net.nz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] qt-x11 conflicting with itself
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 03:35:04 +1300

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 01:27:03AM +1100, Hamish Greig wrote:
> A lot of other spells also need special consideration for major upgrades,
> it
> would be worth implementing a sorcery feature to "detect" how serious an
> upgrade is and whether is should conflict with the installed version. Many
> other spells that have triggers would benefit from this also, as many
> triggers only need casting once for a major update, for minor updates or
> sorcery rebuild they don't need to be triggered.
Maybe a simpler one:
If the installed spell is not equal to one of a list (which contains the
previous minor versions, including the current version) then dispel
first. I'd think that triggers could be similar, but they are probably
less necessary, as they don't actually casue things to fail while they
are building.

> Robin, when you have finished studying sorcery code and implemented this,
> I'll
> by you a beer.
I'll ...umm...keep you posted :) I already have coding lined up for
another project that I really need to get done (and I thought I'd have
free time this week...seems like I was wrong).
Hmm, really need to create a spell or two for this project (for the
interested, http://irate.sf.net)

--
Robin <robin AT kallisti.net.nz> JabberID: <eythian AT jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 Fingerprint=DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D
B663