sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] fam

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] fam
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 19:48:43 +0100

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 07:31:24PM +0100, Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> I have just been rebuild kde while in kde. I have done this many times in
> the past.
>
> arts and kdelibs built ok.
> kdebase built and installed, but hung while trying to create the install
> log.
> I discovered that fam was using all the cpu time for over 15 minutes. I
> then
> did 'telinit disable smgl-fam'.. the cast then completed normally.
>
> Has anyone else encounter anything like this?
>
> fam:20031101:installed:2.6.10
>
> Regards, Treeve

That problem should have been fixed by the change i made to the spell in
devel and test on 2003-10-31, maybe it hadn't made it to the tarball yet
when you installed? If it's not fixed by that, there's still an open bug
about it somewhere in the fam bugzilla.

--
Arwed v. Merkatz
Grimoire Guru for video