sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] 0.8 ISO name

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] 0.8 ISO name
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:17:12 -0600

So at release version does windows take maximum damage from the Fireball?
Their users have unbelievable will saves against our persuasion.
1.0 should be called "Greater Dispelling" because it will dispel they myths
about windows being better than linux.
We should add skill points to charisma. Our intelligence is off the scale
though, so we've got a good selling point.

sorry...played too much DnD
dave
Quoting Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:

> Quoting Ricardo Izquierdo <odracir_redwolf AT linuxmail.org>:
> > I'd think that a name of a famous magician, like Merlin, will fit. But, in
> > the other side we can analize why the iso 0.7 was call flare and in the
> same
> > way name this one.
>
> May want to keep it on-list. ;)
>
> I believe our naming scheme for ISOs are based off of 'spell names'. With
> out
> pre-1.0 ISOs using '1st level' spell names from D&D (IIRC).
>
> -sandalle
>
> --
> PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
> http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61

> Eric Sandall | Source Mage GNU/Linux Developer
> eric AT sandall.us | http://www.sourcemage.org/
> http://eric.sandall.us/ | SysAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @ WSU
> http://counter.li.org/ #196285 | http://www.shock.wsu.edu/

David Kowis