sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Mozilla/Athlon issue

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: adam AT bccs.net
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Mozilla/Athlon issue
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:04:41 -0700

Hey all,

I've had a problem getting any recent mozilla to run on an Athlon
system. I recently ran a sorcery rebuild to try and fix things, but it
only changed the behaviour. I don't know why this system is causing
such a headache - nothing else seems to have problems on it.

After the rebuild using the test grimoire, the system is using gcc
3.3.1, glibc 2.3.2, and is up-to-date with everything else currently.

When running mozilla, all that happens is this message:

/usr/lib/mozilla-1.4/mozilla-bin: relocation error:
/usr/lib/mozilla/components/libjsloader.so: undefined symbol:
_ZN12nsAutoStringD2Ev

I've done a ton of searching both mozilla's bugzilla, our bugzilla and
just general "relocation" issues... I haven't seen anything that led me
to a fix or an answer as to which component on the system might be
having problems.

Anybody either have the same issue, or know of something that might fix
this?

Oh, I should mention that I was using speedy, strip and combreloc, now
just have things down to 'speedy'. No change.

-Adam