sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] X and Inet6

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jimmy Yen(顏孝杰)" <jimmy AT yen.tp>
  • To: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>, eric AT sandall.us
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] X and Inet6
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 03:41:22 +0800

I seem to have found a workaround. I recompiled linux and net-tools, both with IPv6 enabled, and now it works mysteriously. I have tested this with both the 2.4 and 2.6 kernel on two machines so it shouldn't be a coincidence.

Dufflebunk wrote:

I don't think I did. I ended up using vnc instead. Overkill, but it
worked. When you compile X, take a look at the configure message the
whip by, I think one is about IPv6 and mine always said yes.