sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Sourcemage statistics

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Duane Malcolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: eschabell AT sourcemage.org
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Web Team Lead <jflatt AT sourcemage.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Sourcemage statistics
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:56:20 +1200

My first and only question is why you are not on the Web Team and given access to setup this page on our servers? I would hate to lose the work you are doing in the future... please contact Jason Flatt (web AT sourcemage.org).

I know very, very little about bash, and basic perl, but I'm learning. So I'm a bit apprehensive about taking on more than I can handle. I was initially interested in looking at user stats which got me involved with the reporting stuff for the tinderbox with andrew. This has cascaded into other things I would like to do, such as including more failure info in the activity log. At the moment, that is as much as I can handle and have time for.

I'll start working with the webteam once I have played around with the profiles. I am open to suggestion on what the website should include and the layout. For the first and most basic page I was thinking:

Number of Profiles:
Architectures:
Sorcery branch
Stable:
Devel:
Primary Grimoires
Stable:
Test:
Devel (soon to dissappear):

Spells Installed:
spell-version | Total | Stable (version) | Test (version) | Devel (version) |

Hopefully this will show some discrepencies eg. if the number of test grimoire users user mozilla-1.3 even though the version of mozilla in the grimoire is 1.4.

I hope to have a page by tomorrow.

Once I get more proficient at bash, perl and tools used in sourcemage I'm willing to take on more.

You won't loose my work.

Duane.

Thanks!

- -- /*