sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] failing to download on cast

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Piero Ottuzzi" <ottuzzi AT libero.it>
  • To: Rohan Nicholls <rohan.nicholls AT informaat.nl>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] failing to download on cast
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 15:22:24 +0200

Hi there,

you can summon (man summon, but I think this is the failing part) files or
simply wget and put them in /var/spool/sorcery

Then cast...

Bye
Apiero

venerdì 9 maggio 2003 15.17
To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
cc:
From: Rohan Nicholls <rohan.nicholls AT informaat.nl>
Subject: [SM-Discuss] failing to download on cast

I don't know if this warrants a bug, but it any casts I do where the
tarball is coming from sourceforge, seem to be failing. I have tried
a bunch of different ways to approach this, including hard-coding the
sourceforge address in the DETAILS, which failed to adding the
use_mirror parameter, but they all still fail to download, is there
some change that has happened?

If I download the tarballs manually, there is not problem....

Which brings up another point, is there anyway to download the
tarballs manually, and still use cast on the downloaded file, so it is
in the sorcery system?

I have tried:
cast --from /home/rohann/src/xine-lib-1-beta11.tar.gz xine-lib
But it still tried downloading the file, which of course failed...

and then thought this might work
cast --url file:///home/rohann/src/ xine-lib

but I get this:
sed: -e expression #1, char 13: Unterminated `s' command
sed: -e expression #1, char 13: Unterminated `s' command
Download of xine-lib-1-beta11.tar.gz for spell xine-lib failed

It is not just the xine files, I have the same problem with rox.

Any help would be most appreciated.

rohan