sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] rpm spell compile problem

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] rpm spell compile problem
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:48:35 +0200

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:10:18AM +0200, Ladislav Hagara wrote:
> I tried it and found out that casting rpm does not like "combreloc"
> optimization.
> If you turn off it (in sorcery) casting rpm is O.K.
>
> Question for grimoire gurus:
> Do we have possibility to turn on/off optimizations in spell ?

There are some spells that do this, or that otherwise mess with
optimization settings. MPlayer unsets CFLAGS before running configure,
since it fails with many optimization settings and does a good job of
setting high optimizations on its own. vlc removes the -msse2 flag from
the CFLAGS and changes architecture from pentium4 to i686 to make it
compile. I'm sure there are many more that do stuff like this, so i'd
say just add a
export CFLAGS=${CFLAGS/\-z combreloc/}
to the rpm BUILD file.

--