sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: USB installation question

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: John Barstow <John_Barstow AT gfsg.co.nz>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: USB installation question
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 19:36:42 +0100

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 11:06:35AM +1200, John Barstow wrote:
> I have a USB mouse/keyboard combo, which I have found is very poorly
> supported by installers in general. Unfortunately, my system does not
> contain any legacy ports (no AT, PS/2, serial, or parallel ports), so I do
> not have the option of using an older or spare keyboard.
> While there is 2.4 kernel support for USB HID devices, few installers bother
> to turn it on (Red Hat being the sole exception to date).
> Since bandwidth is fairly expensive for me, I would like to know if I will
> be able to run the installer with my system. Please let me know if this is
> possible.
>
> John C Barstow

John,

Just back from vacation so just getting to this. Posting to the
discussion list for all your techincal needs... also allows others to
enjoy the answers too.

Please feel free to subscribe to the list or to jump on IRC for realtime
help, it's at irc.freenode.net, channel #sourcemage or #smgl-newbies

Thanks!

--
/*