sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Sorcery] Sorcery 1.0 released

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: Chris Brien <cbrien AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Sorcery] Sorcery 1.0 released
  • Date: 10 Mar 2003 01:17:50 -0500

(Removed cross post to sm-sorcery)

Some extra points and a plea:
- One minor correction, make doesn't construct DAGs. It simply does a
depth first tree walk, with a current path memory. So it actualy skips
the step done before of sorting dependancies... sorta.
- There is also a minor unforseen behaviour change in the build stage.
The compile commands are not shown due to using make -k. If anyone knows
how to tell make to only keep quiet on the top level, please let me
know. Otherwise, we'll probably change it to be noisy everywhere.
- Reindexing is done automaticaly by scribe, the only time you'll need
to run it manualy is if you move spells around (only grimoire gurus
probably).

Please note that although the documentation has been updated, it is
still behind in many places. Several people have been updating the docs
(particularly the Tomb Team) for the sorcery scripts, but I know they
still need work. So if anyone is looking for a place to start
contributing, and doesn't have much time ot expertise, documentation is
a good place to start... no special skills needed other than some
literacy and a computer, and lets face it, it you've parsed this far and
you're running SM, you are fully qualified. If you're interested, the
doc leader would be happy to hear from you (mshapiro AT sourcemage.org).
Don't forget, the wiki is open for anyone to contribute.