sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ms-sys to the ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Woolley <seth AT tautology.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ms-sys to the ISO
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:44:03 -0800 (PST)

I agree on the small cd idea. We could have a big one with all the
specials for certain hardware, and then a small one compiled smaller and
with fewer utils if need be, but enough for a good rescue.

I just bought a bunch of 3 inch/8cm cds to play with, and I'm wanting to
use them productively.

Also, I plan on making a DVD image with all our SOURCE_CACHE that matches
certiain license fields. I'd like to sell them at cost+S&H for people
that can't download internationally for cheap, but would want to setup a
local mirror, for example, or even a mirror inside their net access.

If we get lots of manuals and wiki entries, I could slurp that into a
manual, print it, box it, and even put it on store shelves with a DVD, a
big CD and a small CD and sell it for $30 with profits going to the
project. We could skip the printing step and have it all on the DVD.

Some people don't have burners or DVD players, and perhaps we could just
press the regular isos and sell them. At least, we could find somebody
else willing to sell our isos pre-pressed.

Seth