sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] fontconfig has no fonts

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] fontconfig has no fonts
  • Date: 04 Feb 2003 14:52:58 -0500

I just completed a masive updated yesterday, and I am unable to run gdm2
any more. I'm using gnome2 (thus gdm2). Running gnm or gnmconfig results
in a complaint that there are no fonts and to check the configuration of
fontconfig. I've recast fontconfig, Xft2, pango, and gdm2 since then
with no luck. (Although I did get lots of error messages w/
pango-1.1.4.) Galeon2 has this problem as well. Here is the error
message:

# gdmconfig
No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org

Please note that that man page doesn't exist and that the web site
doesn't do much good if I can't get galeon running ;)

This error seems familiar... something about the order of casting or
something, but I can't recall.
Does anyone have any ideas?

PGP public key at
http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3327A9A5