sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] prompting for stuff :(

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "M.L." <mlubrano AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>, SM-Discuss <SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] prompting for stuff :(
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:35:41 +0100

Hi Jeremy,

it may be better to replay all setup questions at once, it sounds good at
least.

I don't know if it would be complicated to add such feature to cast and
sorcery, but anyway a few spells won't work this way (question in their own
make process...).

Grimoire gurus and spell authors should also work on this (by caching
previously selected options for instance, that makes unattended updates
safer).

Keep in mind that, even if some work is done this way, SourceMage is a source
based distro. Compilation, binaries for you only, fine tuning requires asking
questions... this kind of things is what we are looking for, right ?

BTW, just increase your sorcery wait time to a terrific huge value ;)

Bye,
Mat.