sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] New spell submission info

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: " Source Mage - Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] New spell submission info
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 01:21:10 -0800 (PST)

Dear spell creators,

When submitting a spell, please remember to not only include the name of
the spell (and only one spell per e-mail) and it's section in the subject
line along with a description of the spell and it's tarball, but to also
CC the maintainer for the intended section. If the maintainer does not
even respond to you within 1 week, please send a duplicate of the above
e-mail to me Eric Sandall (eric AT sandall.us) with an explanation of why you
are sending me an e-mail (in this case, because the maintainer hasn't
responded to your submission, perhaps he/she is on vacation? ;)) and I
will try to resolve the issue (probably just test it myself, and if it
works out, add it to the devel grimoire). If you are having other
problems with the maintainer (haven't heard of any so far, but just in
case), again, please e-mail me with a description of the problem and I
will help resolve the issue. If your problem is with me, or you don't
like me (don't know why these would happen, but I don't know why the prior
would happen either, so I'm putting these here just to be thurough ;)),
then you may e-mail Eric Schabell (erics AT sourcemage.org) (yep, another
Eric ;)).

To check if a spell already exists in the grimoire, check here:
http://codex.sourcemage.org/listing.html

Spell writing info can be found here:
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Spellbook
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=SpellwritingForDummies
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=SpellSubmissionReadme
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=LicenseList
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=GenericDependences

You may also want to check how some of the trickier spells are done by
looking in the grimoire (may even find more bugs for us! ;))

I will probably repost this e-mail once a month, to remind current users
and inform new ones.

(I would like to cross-post this with sm-users and sm-spell-submit, but we
recently had a mandate from above not to ;)).

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle

--
PGP Key 0x5C8D199A5A317214
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5A317214

http://www.sandall.us/~sandalle/ | SysAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @ WSU

  • [SM-Discuss] New spell submission info, Eric Sandall, 01/05/2003