sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] cast gdb fails

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pierre Abbat <phma AT webjockey.net>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] cast gdb fails
  • Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 20:02:10 -0500

On Tuesday 24 December 2002 12:22, Tom Garland wrote:

> Dear Pierre, I'm really glad you are showing so much interest in SMGL by
> reporting problems you are having. But the SM-Discuss mailing list is
> not the proper place for reporting SMGL bugs. The place or vehicle for
> reporting and searching for bugs is in http://bugs.sourcemage.org/. It
> is easy to register but takes a little more effort to report bugs to our
> bugzilla than just send a message to the SM-Discuss mailing list.

I didn't know whether it was an SMGL bug. If a spell fails to create a user
(bug 2000), and the user was supposed to be created by the sorcery scripts, I
know it's an SMGL bug. But this time it was in the middle of configuring and
it failed, so I don't know who's at fault. I have filed a bug report anyway.

> You also might want to try using IRC OpenProjectsNet where #sourcemage
> is always open and welcomes SMGL users. Many have found answers to their
> problems in #sourcemage just because of the common SMGL experience.
> During the holidays participation is down so the responses might be slow
> or expertise lacking.

I've tried IRC but I'm not much of an IRC fan. If I need help, it seems
likely
to me that the person who can help me is asleep, so mail seems more
appropriate.

phma