sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Multiple Grimore Wierdness . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: Jason Flatt <jasonflatt AT wizard.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Multiple Grimore Wierdness . . .
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:03:37 -0500 (EST)

There is a bit of caching I added to the libcodex to speed up finding the
location of spells (since the same spell is often searched for several
times in a row). Take a look in /tmp, it should be a file like
libcodex.find_spell.UID or something like that. There are a few issues
with it still, there is a bug report on it, could you add to the report so
that I can make sure that both problems are addressed when I get back?

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Jason Flatt wrote:

> While working on some upgrade to the printer section, I'm noticing some
> extremely annoying behavior with the grimoire.
>
> I have three grimoires setup: custom, test and devel, in that order
> generally,
> but it occasionally changes. The directory structure of custom is the same
> as the others, although not all of the sections are there -- only the ones
> with spells in them. I generally cp a spell from devel or test into custom
> to change and test before submitting to the general public.
>
> With custom being the first grimoire in the list, it should always pickup
> the
> spells in custom before test or devel. However, occasionally, sorcery does
> not see the custom grimoire and goes straight to test. I have tried
> running
> 'scribe index', 'scribe update' and 'scribe swap custom test' (twice to get
> it back the way I want it), but cannot get sorcery to change it's ways.
>
> I am running the latest sorcery devel.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for correcting this behavior?

PGP public key at
http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3327A9A5
F1