sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SSH security vulnerabilities?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: evraire AT tuwg.com
  • To: julian AT openit.de (Julian v. Bock)
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SSH security vulnerabilities?
  • Date: 18 Dec 2002 16:47:30 -0000

Good to know, but as I recall there's another ssh in the z-rejected section
of our grimoire, and some of our users may unknowingly be using that one. (I
know I 'cast ssh' the first time, thinking I would get openssh.)

(Julian v. Bock) julian AT openit.de wrote on Wed Dec 18 11:45:41 2002:

Hi
> [...]

e> " Security researchers have discovered a set of vulnerabilities in
e> several vendors' implementations of the SSHv2 protocol that could
e> give an attacker the ability to execute code on remote
e> machines. The new flaws are especially dangerous in that they occur
e> before authentication takes place."

IIRC recent OpenSSH versions are not affected.

Julian