sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Fresh install

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • To: Duane Macolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss <SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Fresh install
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:28:38 -0500

Hi!

Duane Macolm wrote:

I did a fresh install this weekend using the beta2 iso. I only had a few problems.

On "sorcery rebuild" I had few cases where I had to manually modify my system. These have all been discussed in the mailing list but I am wondering on the conclusions of the discussion and when the fixes will make it into the stable grimoire/SGML.
1. Removing ncurses.h and curses.h from gcc lib directories

I wish you could try this new fix in gcc to not build fixed includes and let us all know if everything rebuilds after it.

2. Having to recast glibc after gettext

I have triggers working fine in devel sorcery, proved by casting Xft2 automatically after xfree86. Didn't try recasting gettext though.

I will be doing another fresh install in a week or two, it would be cool if it went smoothly from putting in the CD to completing the "sorcery rebuild".

Other problems:
Ee (electric eye) spell. It depends on gnome-libs which is not a dependency of gnome-2-desktop-profile. Should it be added as a dependency to ee?

Finally, and I'm not sure if it's just me or not and I haven't tracked it down. Gnome-2-desktop-profile doesn't have a install log and so during a integrety check it screws up and slows down the integrety check. My way around it is after casting gnome-2-desktop-profile I dispel it. I should try putting the command "touch /var/log/sorcery/install/gnome-2-desktop-profile" somewhere in the spell, this may work??