sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Please test Mozilla 1.2.1 in devel grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Mads Laursen <dossen+sgl AT daimi.au.dk>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Please test Mozilla 1.2.1 in devel grimoire
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 23:42:32 +0100

On 04/12/02 17.07, Dufflebunk wrote:
> So this spell now requires gtk+2? That's fine with me :)
> Other than the libIDL thing that Arwed mentioned, it looks fine to me.
> A question though: What the heck is the java thing that I always answer
> no to for?
Since I think I was the one to add it originally, I have to confess -
I'm not quite sure. One of the reasons I added it along with the other
options was to find out, but I've never been able to detect a
difference while surfing. Just checked http://mozilla.org/projects/
and they do have a couple of links to info about java integration,
though I can't seem to find out what the option does.

The other reason for adding it was, well "it's there", more of a
feeling that while some may want it slim (no chat and so on), others
may want to have as much as possible, if for no other reason, to
test/try more of the code.

Hope I'm not rambling too much, but it's getting kindda late.
Basically I'd like for Source Mage to give the user as much freedom as
possible.

In fact I think that one feature (very post 1.0) that should be
considered, is depending on specific options, somehow (an extreme
example could be c++ code depending on the c++ support in gcc,
allowing systems without c++ support to be buildt).

Anyway, I'll stop before I get too far of track.

Short version: The option is there because I wanted to try it out, I
have no deep feelings for it, but I like options in general.

/dossen