sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Trouble downloading gcc-3.2.1

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: John T Copeland <johnc AT neto.com>
  • To: "Julian v. Bock" <julian AT openit.de>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Trouble downloading gcc-3.2.1
  • Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:17:34 -0600

Julian v. Bock wrote:

Hi

"JTC" == John T Copeland <johnc AT neto.com> writes:

JTC> I get the following when trying to 'summon gcc': root:~> summon
JTC> gcc Downloading source file gcc-3.2.1.tar.gz for spell gcc

The location has changed to $GNU_URL/$SPELL/$SPELL-$VERSION/$SOURCE.
I updated the gcc speel some time ago.

What grimoire (devel/testing) do you use?

Julian

The grimoire from Eric Schabell's website I think. I have devel and Schabell's installed. Since you ask, how do I tell which grimoire is currently used by sorcery. There is a 'sorcery track' option but I don't find one for the grimoire. Anyways, when devel failed as shown, I installed from Schabell's website as he directed in a previous message, and it failed also, assuming sorcery was actually using grimoire.

Does the /etc/sorcery/local/grimoire file determine which grimoire is currently being used? Mine has:
GRIMOIRE_DIR[0]=/var/lib/sorcery/codex/grimoire From Eric's site
GRIMOIRE_DIR[1]=/var/lib/sorcery/codex/devel
JohnC