sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Compile problems/binutils/bash/gcc

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: John T Copeland <johnc AT neto.com>
  • To: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Compile problems/binutils/bash/gcc
  • Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 12:00:43 -0600

Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:

1. If you have gettext 0.11.5 installed, recompile glibc
2. Search the lists from time to time, it helps

John T Copeland wrote:

I am having trouble compiling:
binutils-2.13.1
bash-2.05b
gcc-3.2.1
All are giving similar errors, for example;
bash:
locale.o: In function set_default_local_vars
undefined reference to 'libintl_textdomain'
undefined reference to 'libintl_bindtextdomain'
locale_trans: In function locale_trans
undefined reference to 'libintl_gettext

If I do a "nm /usr/lib/libintl.so" the symbols for the above functions are there. This problem started after I did a "sorcery system-update" followed by a rebuild a couple days ago. At that point I was trying to get kde to build after updating qt-x11. After the rebuild kde went ok, but these 3 spells continue to fail.

My system is sorcery/devel, grimoire/devel. I usually update every day or two on my test system trying to help us get to RC1.

Anybody have any ideas here.

Thanks,
JohnC

Anyone seen this one before.