sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] section: science

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Duane Macolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] section: science
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:32:49 +1300

Hi
I thought I might install everything in the science section to test it.

I only had problem I had was with scigraphica not finding "libgnomeprint/gnome-print.h". I have libgnomeprint-2.0 installed and I linked "/usr/include/lingnomeprint-2.0/libgnomeprint" to "/usr/include/libgnomeprint" but scigraphics didn't like the "gnome-print.h" that came with libgnomeprint-2.0. So I guess it distinctly depends on libgnomeprint. I don't have this installed.

Is there any problem installing libgnomeprint with libgnomeprint-2.0 already installed?? If not I'll install libgnomeprint tonight and test scigraphica again.

My other question is what happened to octave and octave2.1? I installed octave-2.1.40 by writing my own spell and it went OK. Why isn't it in the grimoire anymore?

When I do a "sorcery system-update" it downloads "sorcery-stable.tar.bz2" and "test.tar.gz". I think I am using sorcery-stable and grimoire-test, is this true?

Duane.