sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Beta2 install problems, esp. xfree86

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Duane Malcolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: eric AT sandall.us
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Beta2 install problems, esp. xfree86
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:07:03 +1300

Eric Sandall wrote:

Duane Malcolm said:

Do you know which optimization flag is the culprit, If not I might try
and determine which optimization setting to remove through trial and
error.

Cheers for that, Duane

Duane,

I tried it with gcc and -O3, no good, so set it to -O2, still no good,
then I tried to compile it with no optimizations (still gcc), same errr.

I then tried gcc2, works great. :)

I'll stick with gcc2 then.

BTW, those errors with gcc2 and gcc optimizations should have been fixed
by now, they haven't bothered me for a while. When did you last update
sorcery?

I was a bit absent minded last night. When I did a sorcery system-update last night I got a message saying sorcery.tar.bz2 failed to download and something about it not needing changes. So I left it, I forgot I had just done a reinstall with the beta2 iso and so it should need updating. I'll check what happened with that error message tonight, I have a separate drive at home I do all my playing around on.

Sergey,

Adding my spell to utils now, with USEGCC2.

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle