sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: gettext 0.11.5; LFS information

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sergey A Lipnevich <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • To: "Julian v. Bock" <julian AT openit.de>
  • Cc: grimoire <sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org>, SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: gettext 0.11.5; LFS information
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:29:28 -0500

Bash (and binutils, BTW) sure do compile, after glibc is rebuilt.

Julian v. Bock wrote:

Hi

"SAL" == Sergey A Lipnevich <sergeyli AT pisem.net> writes:

SAL> Hi All, I've upgraded to gettext 0.11.5 and was having problems
SAL> with some programs missing symbols from libintl. For example, my
SAL> c++ binary would fail on anything but --version option. I didn't
SAL> find a lot of relevant information, so by trial and error it
SAL> finally turned out that I needed to rebuild glibc and GCC. While
SAL> looking over Google searches, I came across an LFS article on how
SAL> to install gettext, which mentiones about 15 dependencies it
SAL> has.

[...]

The only new dependency is automake (which can replace the autoconf
dep). The rest is basesystem stuff. Furthermore, the current bash
does not compile with gettext > 0.11.2.

Julian

Get free mailbox 20 Mb at http://www.hotbox.ru