sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Valgrind dynamic linking ls

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Spencer Ogden <spencero AT mail.utexas.edu>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Valgrind dynamic linking ls
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:24:37 -0600

I seem to have gotten into an interesting situation. I recently installed
valgrind which installs its own version of some libraries. Now when I run
`cast --fix` I get errors saying :

ls: relocation error: /usr/lib/valgrind/libpthread.so.0: undefined symbol:
vgPlain_startup
basename: too few arguments

I assume the basename error results from a lack of output from ls. The
interesting thing is I don't get any errors from `ls`, and I tried with -R
-l and -a, but still no errors. Is cast doing something weird with the
library include path? The same thing happens in `sorcery system-update`
which I assume uses the same code.

I guess I'll go write a bug now.

Spencer

  • [SM-Discuss] Valgrind dynamic linking ls, Spencer Ogden, 11/12/2002