sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Grimoire]unmaintained sections

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Aaron Brice <abrice2 AT cox.net>
  • To: "M.L." <mlubrano AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: Source Mage <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Grimoire]unmaintained sections
  • Date: 11 Nov 2002 21:50:42 -0700

Sounds good in theory. I haven't submitted many spells, but the spells
I did submit, I created because I wanted to install them on my system,
and creating a spell to do it is so damn easy. Having created them, I
don't know that I would have submitted them for inclusion in the
grimoire if it meant that I would be held responsible for keeping them
updated, fixing them, whatnot. All right, I would have, because none of
them were gcc, but you see my point, there's going to be less
submissions if submitting a spell obligates you to support it.

There's also the fact that the author has a working version of the spell
and is less likely to find problems than someone who is installing it
later on when various versions have changed, sources no longer
available, etc.

Aaron