sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] pcmcia network card built into kernel

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pierre Abbat <phma AT webjockey.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] pcmcia network card built into kernel
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 18:41:23 -0500

I finally got around to installing Source Mage 20020701 on the laptop. The
kernel seems to have compiled smoothly with gcc 3.1, though I haven't run
torture tests yet. The network doesn't work. The builtin card is a Tulipoid
that doesn't work with 2.4.18, and didn't with Red Hat either. I have a
pcnet_cs card stuck in the slot, and unlike the last time, the driver is
compiled into the kernel (that's how the .config came) rather than a module
(which gave me headaches when pcmcia_cs tried to load the memory module
module rather than the network driver). As the kernel seems to have assigned
eth0 to the tulipoid, how do I get it to assign eth1 to the pccard?

phma