sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] libtool hell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jonathan Evraire <evraire AT tuwg.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] libtool hell
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:44:45 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
for some reason, libtool is really misbehaving: it always reports
libtool libraries as being "not a valid libtool libraries", including the
libtldl library that's included with libtool itself. This means not only
can I not cast libtool, but I can't cast any spells that depend on
libtool. Now my X-Windows can't start anymore and doing a "cast --fix"
only tries to recompile all the affected spells, but they all fail!

I'm at loss and would appreciate any help one could give me. I've tried
sending this message to sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org, but it would
seem to me that list is down. (I haven't received anything from there
since yesterday morning and I know of one other who hadn't received
anything as of last night.)

Please find attached the compile log for libtool. The "not a valid
libtool library" error is the same I get with all libtool libraries in all
spells.

Thanks!

Jonathan Evraire
evraire at tuwg.com