sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] loopback device

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Simon Middleton" <simon AT theultraworld.org>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] loopback device
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 14:30:14 -0000

>>> if you're using a recent networking.sh script, you need the folowing
>>> interface definition file:
>>
>> I had that but it was still not working. A bit of fiddling suggests
>> an error in the networking.sh script.
>>
>> if [ $# -le 2 ]; then
>> devices=$(ls $netdevdir | grep ^eth)
>> else
>> devices=$(echo $@ | sed s/$1//)
>> fi
>>
>> I think the -le should be -lt ?
>>
>> -- Simon.
>>

> Hum... I bet your networking.sh is obsolete. Here it is version
> 20021020... maybe you should update init.d spell.

That's the same version I've got. And actually my change doesn't fix the
problem. It allows networking.sh to control lo but still doesn't bring it up
on boot as $devices is filtered to only affect eth* devices anyway. Removing
the '| grep ^eth' fixes that but something tells me I'm hacking the wrong
bit here.

Still my system is working so I'll not worry about it if it's not happening
to anyone else and hope the next update cures it.

-- Simon.