sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Sybase spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Lyon Lemmens <redlemon AT knoware.nl>
  • To: julian AT openit.de
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Sybase spells
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:44:53 +0200

Julian,

In the libs section there's a sybase-ocsd spell that installs in /opt and
thus won't get tracked. It's maintainer is Hendrik Visage. He's also the
maintainer of two sybase perl spells which are currently on GCC2.

I wrote him a mail if he would update and test these spells, because I
haven't got access to Sybase and I got the following answer:

>> Still from the SGL days.
>> Tell the sourcemage guys to cleanup their spells/modules' maintainers
>> lists.

By which I guess He doesn't want to maintain these spells anymore.

I guess that if we want to keep the spells, we obviously need to change the
spells so that they install in /usr and get properly tracked. Or we need to
drop them from the grimoire.

What's your opinion on this?

--
Lyon Lemmens, grimoire guru perl-cpan
llemmens AT sourcemage.org

SourceMage GNU/Linux
"Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic"

http://www.sourcemage.org