sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Meeting Agenda / Thoughts

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ryan Abrams <rabrams AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Meeting Agenda / Thoughts
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 00:50:55 -0500

Ok.. i promised that I would email in my thoughts for the meeting this weekend which I unfortunately cannot attend.

Here are a few topics I was planning to address. Nick will lead the meeting that assembles, and work on getting this discussed.. at the very least, he will act as a recorder to bounce things where they need to be.

Ok.. so here is my checklist, along with thoughts on each item...

1) Sorcery - this is going 0.9 in the next few days. At this point, it will be feature frozen... the team will be focused solely on bughunting, as well as cleaning up the output and generally friendly-izing it.

2) Iso's - as soon as 0.9 is out, Adam should start on a new iso featuring it, as well as the frozen test grimoire as default. This iso should be updated regularly for testing.

3) Perforce vs. CVS - Perforce will remain in use for eric and tony to manage test and stable. All guru's should switch to cvs for devel work. If you need help in doing this, Nick will be the person to help... but since he is focused on sorcery until 1.0, do not pressure him on this... switch if you can, otherwise wait until post 1.0

4) Documentation / Website. Help Wanted.

5) Release Map - I would like to see RC1 of our 1.0 iso (as in, completely rebuilt, featuring a stable sorcery, a stable grimoire, etc) out on halloween. It will be known as pumpkin. Then we will aim for a series of release candidates, leading to a /real/ 1.0 in nov/dec. I know this means we are missing the date by quite a bit, but I would rather we get 1.0 right the first time, on every aspect. I want it rock solid.. and rushing 1.0 in the next two weeks wont accomplish that.

Those are my 5 points. they would obviously be bigger in discussion, but this is just the straightforward dirt on them. Feel free to debate all day, and we will reevaluate points, or add them, based on how the meeting turns out.

Again, Nick will be running the meeting, as I (unfortunately) cant make it.

I will be around in the early morning to answer questions (hopefully)

Thanks,

Ryan

  • [SM-Discuss] Meeting Agenda / Thoughts, Ryan Abrams, 10/20/2002