sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] hardware upgrades

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve01 AT pi.be>
  • To: "sm-discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] hardware upgrades
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:52:42 +0200

some time ago I had a hardware failure and had to replace the motherboard.

this raises a thought.

Having built a nicely optimised system for my current hardware, how can I
recover it to a system where some major component has changed, for instance
gcc may be optimised for Athlon but the new board is for a Pentium 4, so gcc
would not work.

will the install ISO enable me to rebuild all the relevant spells in this
situation?

--
Regards, Treeve

  • [SM-Discuss] hardware upgrades, Treeve Jelbert, 10/14/2002