sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Compiler and kernel versions?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Pierre Abbat <phma AT webjockey.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Compiler and kernel versions?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 22:18:22 -0400

On Wednesday 02 October 2002 00:03, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Mine compiled fine. The only time it would was if I tried using XFS. Is
> this what you did? If not, do you remember the error?

Signal 11 at random times, and if it did succeed, the kernel was unstable -
it would panic for no obvious reason. The laptop now has Red Hat on it, and
it compiled a kernel but I didn't install it right.

> The latest compiler is gcc3.1 (IIRC) and linux-2.4.18 (also IIRC) on the
> 0701 ISO from Adam.

I'll try it, but I think I'll keep Red Hat on it as a backup. Should the two
distros have separate /boot partitions or can they be shared?

phma