sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Postfix not working

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sergey A Lipnevich <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • To: Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Postfix not working
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:44:41 -0400

Yeah, that and OpenLDAP. I'm holding 4.0.14.
OpenLDAP even has code which supposedly makes it db 4.1-tree compliant starting with 4.1.17, but when run, it fails to initialize transactional interface properly. Even with a clean new database.
Postfix maintainer, though being a very respected guy, IMO is just lazy -- didn't update his package for a long time. Doesn't even compile with db 4.1.x.

Anyway, `dispel -d 4.0.14' cures the problem. But, it dispells the `db' spell. So to hold it afterwards, DETAILS must be changed back to VERSION=4.0.14, then `db' spell recast, then `sorcery' must be used to put a hold on it. Mind you, comment out all grimoires but the main one, in /etc/sorcery/local/grimoire, because this particular part of `sorcery' code doesn't handle multiple grimoires yet.

Robin wrote:

Hey there, the recent db upgrade kills postfix, preventing it from
building. I'm going to submit a bug report about it also, its just that
this is something reasonably important.