sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Custom Spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Custom Spells
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 08:40:08 -0700

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 05:11:35PM +0200, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 09:54:39AM -0500, Spencer Ogden wrote:
> > What is the recommended way to have a folder of your own spells now? I
> > tried the soft link from the grimoire to a folder else where, but it got
> > wiped out when scribe updated...
>
> Here's what i did:
> - create a dir in /var/lib/sorcery/codex (e.g. /var/lib/sorcery/codex/arwed)
> - create a section in there
> - put your custom spells in that section
> - add the directory created in step one to your
> /etc/sorcery/local/grimoire
>
> My /etc/sorcery/local/grimoire:
> GRIMOIRE_DIR[0]=/var/lib/sorcery/codex/arwed
> GRIMOIRE_DIR[1]=/var/lib/sorcery/codex/devel

i do basically the same thing, but its more convenient for me to put
my custom grimoire in my spell developer's account. I also put 4 lines
in /etc/sorcery/local/grimoire, one for each grimoire with 0 and 1 in
the index, then i comment two out. It makes it easy to swap back and
forth. Say im testing a new version of s pell, i want my grimoire first,
but then i want sorcery updates to take presidence over my own dabblings,
i can just swap between them depending.