sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] latest update makes alsa screwy!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • To: Lyon Lemmens <redlemon AT knoware.nl>
  • Cc: eric AT sandall.us, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] latest update makes alsa screwy!
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:21:56 -0500

But if you check out the spells, alda-driver-virmidi is almost identical, except that alsa-driver-virmidi passes one more option to configure... at least that's all that i saw, but i wasn't looking very hard. alsa-driver-virmidi works fine, except that apparently it's set up to use two sound cards? i wish somebody would enlighten us on the difference between the two spells, so far i haven't heard a thing. why do we have two? wouldn't one suffice?

Jeremy

Lyon Lemmens wrote:

Eric,

I've manually changed rc3 in rc2 in the DETAILS file and did a cast. Works like a dream. Ergo, the problem is in the alsa sources, so that can't probably be fixed by clever spell building.