sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Devel grimoire doesn't have meta-data file that scribe needs

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sergey A Lipnevich <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Devel grimoire doesn't have meta-data file that scribe needs
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:57:44 -0400

Hi All,

I have just downloaded devel sorcery and devel grimoire. The latter doesn't have a metadata file required for scribe to perform an update = download new copy of the grimoire. There should be /var/lib/sorcery/codex/devel/GRIMOIRE with the statement:

FROM_URL=http://codex.sourcemage.org/devel.tar.bz2

I added the file manually and now `scribe update devel' works.
This is true for both of these:
http://codex.sourcemage.org/devel.tar.bz2
http://codex.sourcemage.org/devel-grimoire/grimoire.tar.bz2
Also, these files differ in 1 second creation time, and in size, 775,079 and 773,894, respectively.The reason is that the first untars into devel/, and the second into grimoire/. [Sigh of relief] other than that, contents are identical. Are these for old and new sorceries?
Thanks!

Sergey.

  • [SM-Discuss] Devel grimoire doesn't have meta-data file that scribe needs, Sergey A Lipnevich, 09/13/2002