sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Are you sure you are running the latest devel?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Rasmus Ory Nielsen <ron AT ron.dk>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Are you sure you are running the latest devel?
  • Date: 09 Sep 2002 09:16:35 +0200

Hi,

I recently had different problems on one machine. It was running devel
grimoire and devel sorcery, - at least that was what I thought it was
running.
I got suspicious because I was seeing bugs that should have been fixed
by now (e.g. problems compiling gnome2 spells).

History:
Two days ago I did a 'sorcery update'. Today I did a 'scribe update' and
after that a 'cast -r -c sorcery' (devel).
But, the problems did not disappear.
So, dufflebunk gave me the clever advise to delete
/var/spool/sorcery/sorcery-devel.tar.bz2 to force a new download and it
worked!
This was the old file:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 85166 aug 26 19:42 sorcery-devel.tar.bz2
And it was indeed old.
After removing the tarball and another 'cast -r -c sorcery':
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 119777 sep 9 08:52 sorcery-devel.tar.bz2

I don't know what went wrong in the first place, but it feels good to be
on track again ;-)

I'm hoping this could help people experiencing 'old' bugs.

Thanks,
Rasmus Ory Nielsen

  • [SM-Discuss] Are you sure you are running the latest devel?, Rasmus Ory Nielsen, 09/09/2002