sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Emergency 0.8.0.1 (bugfix) release.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Nick Jennings <nkj AT namodn.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org, sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Emergency 0.8.0.1 (bugfix) release.
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:40:13 -0700

Ok - No Release Notes, no Roadmap integration. Just a quick, emergency bugfix
release to fix the rather large problems with the 0.8.0 Sorcery release.

Don't expect this in the future. Now that we've gotten the major bugs fixed,
we don't plan on making ANY bugfix releases until the 0.9.x series.

I'm currently looking at the gap in releases with that series (every 20
days about) and thinking, maybe, during that release, we should have a
point release every weekend or something. Since it is a bugfix series.

With the 0.8.x series, it's just too much to make frequent releases, since
we are supposed to be working on major feature integration.

So from now on, people using 0.8.x that run into serious bugs, we will
fix them as soon as possible, but in order to get the fix for that bug,
you *must* track sorcery-devel (which is a nightly snapshot of CVS).

If you don't want to track sorcery-devel all the time, you can just put
it on hold after getting your fix.

Comments?