sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: SM-Discuss digest, Vol 1 #72 - 15 msgs

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: SM-Discuss digest, Vol 1 #72 - 15 msgs
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:31:40 -0400

That silly bug of filling up /tmp has been fixed. Several smaller bugs have
been fixed which should fix the problems with gcc and xfree. As for the make
jobs not working, we will be looking into that.

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:38:01 -0400
Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 07:19:34AM -0500, Robin Cook wrote:
> When I applied the GCC 3.2 by hand and rebuild I didn't have any problems.
>
> This time with the new sorcery it failed because of the md5s weren't
> matching thus filled up my tmpfs. So I recommend anyone rebuilding set
> the file option to ask / ignore for the first time.

unfortunatly my rebuild didnt go quite so well. gcc 3.2 installed fine,
but the rebuild had the same problems with broken md5sums, it filled up
/tmp with some undeleted intermediate files (most likely .tar's used for
checking) which were not deleted, this of course filled up my /tmp and
quickly ended any further builds. Several other spells simply didnt work,
such as tk and libpng, and others, such as MPlayer had broken links, this
is with the devel grimoire, and of course my <sarcasm> favorite </sarcasm>
spell unixcw seems to be broken again, time to get to work on that.

other random stuff: multiple make jobs doesnt work, the release notes
for the devel sorcery in the wiki state you can do things like sorcery
queue and just build a queue of what you want to update (unless i read
it wrong), it instead basically does everything update does seemingly.

this seemed to have been occuring in stable and devel sorcerys, the
xfree86 spell doesnt get all 3 source files, just the first once, i
dont know if thats because of a change in the way things work together,
or what, but it makes it took the better part of a week for me to figure
out why X simply would not compile on my housemate's source mage system
and it all seems to point to the 2 missing source files.

enough for now ;)

however Im still extremely pleased with the new sorcery, i think the
work was very much needed, and of course want to thank the sorcery team
for all their work.

PGP public key at
http://wwwkeys.ch.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x92B5D3F1