sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] custom grimoires with sorcery 0.8.0

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Ryan Abrams" <rabrams AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: "Yoav Avitzour" <avitzour AT princeton.edu>, "sm-discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] custom grimoires with sorcery 0.8.0
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:32:37 -0500

Ok. Grimoires are stored in /var/lib/sorcery/codex/<grimoire>. This release
is the first step towards multi-grimoires, so its sorta in a gray area. If
you want to jump ahead of the curve, go into /usr/sbin scribe, and search
for "codex_add_grimoire" - remove the word "overwrite" from the end of the
line.

Now you can have multiple grimoires. With tweaking you can start to
customize it.

That said, it is not an ideal solution, and custom grimoires are not as easy
or reliable as it was the old way. This /will/ be fixed in upcoming
releases, which can happen much more frequently now that sorcery and
grimoire are split.

In other words, it's sorta do-able.. but if you wait a week or two, it will
be /much/ more doable. ;)

If you can't wait, catch me on IRC tonight and I will walk you through ways
to do it now.

-Ryan