sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: CVS: sourcemage/sorcery/usr/sbin skry,1.2,1.3

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Nick Jennings <nkj AT namodn.com>
  • To: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • Cc: nkj AT cvs.sourcemage.org, SMGL Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: CVS: sourcemage/sorcery/usr/sbin skry,1.2,1.3
  • Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:39:02 -0700

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 04:56:14PM -0400, Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> Nick,
>
> It works, you're the man. I have two suggestions:
> 1) disable people posting to sm-cvs, let that be a `receive-only' list.
> the discussion should go into sm-sorcery IMO

sm-cvs is not a mailing list, it's an alias. So it's a bit more difficult
to disallow emails from certain sources. I don't want to have to
put procmail rules in everyones .forward. So can't we just promise
to *not* post to this alias? I think we are capable of that :)

> 2)am I wrong or this diff doesn't use `-u' option? I'd really prefer
> `-uN' to use unified format and paste new lines into the siff in their
> entirety
> How's this?
> Thanks!

Well. I just changed the diff command to be a bit different. but
in short - the cvs diff options are not the same as the command line
diff options, so it's not as easy to change. Let me know what
you think of the new format though.

- nick