sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage network install

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: Jeff Schmidt <jschmidt AT fnal.gov>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage network install
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:26:37 -0500 (CDT)

Beautiful! Very simple, yet effective solution. Unfortunately, I'm going
to have to postpone the upgrade until early 2003 (just ran out of time).
The good news is I'll have more time to build a test network and we should
be at 1.0 by then (who's got the whip??). I will be mirgrating our NFS/NIS
servers to SMGL yet this summer (yuck).

I haven't bothered testing this before, what exactly and when exactly to
reports get mailed to the SM admin? Every update/rebuild/cast? Dispels?
Only on errors? Making this configurable (customizing reports) could be
very useful for a post-1.0 feature.

-casey