sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] OpenOffice and Internationalization

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Piero Ottuzzi" <ottuzzi AT infinito.it>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] OpenOffice and Internationalization
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 12:01:51 +0200

I saw that OpenOffice reached version 1.0.1

I think that the spell is not very clear to use because I tried it and I cannot use OpenOffice in any way. The solution was to install it manually.

As a side note OpenOffice will introduce the problem of the variuous languages of the program.
Now that things settled down a bit various localization are spreading so we should think which is the best method to handle this:

1) many spell (OpenOffice_US, OpenOffice_IT)
2) the spell ask which localization you want (something like an optional depends)
3) none of the above

Many Thanks
Apiero