sm-announce - Re: [SM-Announce] [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.10.0-test5

sm-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: SM-Announce <sm-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Announce] [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.10.0-test5
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:58:43 -0500

flux (flux AT sourcemage.org) wrote [09.01.04 18:21]:
> 0.10.0-test5 has a bug in smgl-enchant that causes it to not finish
> generating the state information, and it appears to be in an infinite
> loop (it's not technically in a loop, it's just awaiting input, but it
> shouldn't be). I'll be investigating the matter and posting further
> details with a workaround very shortly, and I will likely release a
> bugfix version of the ISO very soon.

The problem is due to a missing argument for "sort" in the script (there
are two of them, and they are the last things the script does). The
running of the sort commands is not essential for a functional system,
they were only being used to ensure that no data was duplicated as a
safety measure (this shouldn't happen under normal use, but if, for
example, you ran the smgl-enchant script multiple times on the same
caches and the depends and packages files weren't processed with the
sort -u commands, then you would have duplicate lines in those files).
The simplest workaround for this bug is to just way a little bit after
you run smgl-enchant (if you are using smgl-enchant), and then hit
ctrl-c. You should be able to verify that there is information for all
of the caches you installed in your /mnt/root/var/state/sorcery/depends
and /mnt/root/var/state/sorcery/packages files. You can then safely
proceed with the installation, and everything should work as normal
(again, the sorts were really just there to prune duplicate information
if any).

--
Justin "flux_control" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage