sm-announce - [SM-Announce] Source Mage GNU/Linux v0.9, code named "Virtue", released!

sm-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Announce <sm-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>, distro AT distrowatch.com, lwn AT lwn.net, editors AT newsforge.com
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [SM-Announce] Source Mage GNU/Linux v0.9, code named "Virtue", released!
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:23:41 +0100

Hello all,

The Source Mage GNU/Linux development team is proud to announce the last
release before our official 1.0!

The latest release v0.9, code named "Virtue", is available from
http://download.sourcemage.org and all the usual mirror sites.

The Changelog is available at:

http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Source+Mage+GNU%2FLinux+v0.9.0

We would like to also put out the call for developers, testers and
maintainers. We are a small organization that would give someone who is
interested in working on a Free Software project the chance to join in,
no matter what your level of technical expertise is.

The entire code base is Bash scripting, the documentation is easy to
make and maintain, the spells are all done with text files and no
programming is involved. You can maintain spells, sections of spells in
the Grimoire(s) or dig into actuall package management code within
Sorcery. It can be even as easy as just submitting bugs to
bugs.sourcemage.org or testing the patches being submitted there. All
help is welcome.

In the Source Mage Valley, our nick-name for the IRC channel listed
below, you will find some of the nicest helpers on the net. We require
that everyone get a chance to talk, everyone is given what advice/help
we can offer and above all we try to remain as friendly as possible
towards all. Why don't you drop by and meet some of the team in the
Source Mage Valley:

irc.freenode.net #sourcemage
forums.sourcemage.org

Please feel free to contact any of our Team Leads if you are interested:

The Grimoire Team manages all spells (packages) - grimoire AT sourcemage.org
The Sorcery Team is in charge of the package management system -
sorcery AT sourcemage.org
The Seurity Team - security AT sourcemage.org
The Tome Team deals with all documentation and the web site -
web AT sourcemage.org
The Porting Team deals with all porting issues - porting AT sourcemage.org
The Cauldron Team handles the installer and iso generation -
cauldron AT sourcemage.org

All are welcome!

--
/**
* Eric D. Schabell M.Sc.

  • [SM-Announce] Source Mage GNU/Linux v0.9, code named "Virtue", released!, Eric Schabell, 01/30/2004