sm-admin - Re: [SM-Admin] Hosting Next Steps (Re: website status report)

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Admin] Hosting Next Steps (Re: website status report)
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:33:35 -0500

On Oct 14, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) [jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org] wrote:
> I'd prefer to get some input from Kinetix on this, but I think it's more
> important we get something established ASAP, and I think it's safe to say
> after a three week outage that we can't leave things where they are right
> now even after he comes back and gets us back up.

BTW, I want to note that's purely a pragmatic statement, and not meant to
particularly disparage Adam. My point is only that if we're currently on
a box where this kind of outage can happen, we're in a non-ideal situation
and need to find a better one. We need guaranteed connectivity, and we
won't get that unless we pay for it, no matter how dedicated our volunteers
are.